Implementation of Inquiry-based Learning Supported by Digital Technologies in Courses of Professional Development for Chemistry Teachers
- Zita Jenisová, Jana Braniša, Janka Melušová
- Corresponding Author
- Zita Jenisová
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.47How to use a DOI?
- inquiry based learning, digital technologies, lifelong learning, interview
- Inquiry-based learning (IBL) is based on students` enquire of different situations and formulate relating questions. Experi-mental activity from real-life chemistry using school-measuring equipment con-taining spectrometer connected to com-puter was piloted with 25 in-service teachers attending course of professional development in chemistry. Sufficient computer literacy was assumed for the target group. Spectra of known colourings were compared to spectral characteristics of chosen samples from usual food. This laboratory activity should lead to development of science competences and willingness of teachers to deal with tables and graphs. Interviews with participating teachers showed their higher self-efficacy in implementing IBL with support of ICT in their teaching.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zita Jenisová AU - Jana Braniša AU - Janka Melušová PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Implementation of Inquiry-based Learning Supported by Digital Technologies in Courses of Professional Development for Chemistry Teachers BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.47 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.47 ID - Jenisová2013/08 ER -