Design and Implementation of cache protecting from power failure in Disk Array
- WANG Endong, HU Leijun, LV Shuo, CHENG Jichen, WEN Zhongling, ZHANG Feng
- Corresponding Author
- WANG Endong
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.104How to use a DOI?
- disk array; cache; Uninterruptible Power Supply; data redirection
- In high-end disk arrays, the ups supplied the power to controllers, however, not to the JBOD. In this paper, a solution to cache protecting was designed and implemented by the method of software. In this solution, the controllers redirected the dirty page of the cache to the reserved partition of the system disk as soon as the commercial power failure was detected. The data protected in the system disk partition was recovered to the JBOD when the commercial power became normal. So the cache data was not lost after power failure. It was proved that the data in the cache can be exactly recovered when the commercial power failure happened to the storage system.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - WANG Endong AU - HU Leijun AU - LV Shuo AU - CHENG Jichen AU - WEN Zhongling AU - ZHANG Feng PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - Design and Implementation of cache protecting from power failure in Disk Array BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.104 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.104 ID - Endong2013/08 ER -