An Extension of the Eindhoven Classification Model to the Educational Sector
- Margarida Figueiredo, Lídia Vicente, Henrique Vicente, Victor Alves, José Neves
- Corresponding Author
- Margarida Figueiredo
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.119How to use a DOI?
- Eindhoven Classification Model; Knowledge Representation and Reasoning; Education; School Dropout.
- This work presents an extension of the Eindhoven Classification Model to sort adverse events root causes for the Educa-tional Sector. Extended Logic Program-ming was used for knowledge representa-tion and reasoning with defective infor-mation, allowing for the modelling of the universe of discourse in terms of default data, information and knowledge. Indeed, a systematization of the evolution process of the body of knowledge in terms of Quality of Information (QoI) embedded in the Root Cause Analysis was accomplished, i.e., the knowledge representation and reasoning system proposed led to a process of QoI quantification that allowed the study of the event's root causes, on the fly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Margarida Figueiredo AU - Lídia Vicente AU - Henrique Vicente AU - Victor Alves AU - José Neves PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - An Extension of the Eindhoven Classification Model to the Educational Sector BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.119 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.119 ID - Figueiredo2013/08 ER -