An optimization model based dynamic EVM and its visualization technique for complex projects
- Yun Tian, Ying-ying Yuan, Jin-long Cao, Yi-yong Xiao
- Corresponding Author
- Yun Tian
Available Online August 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.170How to use a DOI?
- dynamic EVM forecast; similarity matrix; Four-quadrant Diagram of Schedule-Cost; Earned Value Divergence
- The supervision of Complex equipment development (CED) projects is facing a lot of challenges in scheduling and cost control. In this paper, we presented a dy-namic earned value management (DEVM) model based on mathematical programming for the real-time forecast of schedule/cost of CED projects. A similarity matrix of the items was intro-duced into the model to improve the accuracy of the forecasts. Moreover, we proposed a practical technique called Four-quadrant Diagram of Schedule-Cost to dynamically visualize the performances of a CED project, and a new index named Earned Value Diver-gence to evaluate to what degree the project is controlled. Finally, a case study was provided to illustrate the per-formance of this method.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yun Tian AU - Ying-ying Yuan AU - Jin-long Cao AU - Yi-yong Xiao PY - 2013/08 DA - 2013/08 TI - An optimization model based dynamic EVM and its visualization technique for complex projects BT - 2013 International Conference on Advanced ICT and Education (ICAICTE-13) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.170 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icaicte.2013.170 ID - Tian2013/08 ER -