An Evaluation of Structural Model for Independent Learning Through Connectivism Theory and Web 2.0 Towards Students’ Achievement
- Zulkifley Mohamed, Nor Ubaidullah, Siti Yusof
- Corresponding Author
- Zulkifley Mohamed
Available Online October 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icase-18.2018.1How to use a DOI?
- connectivism, students’ learning, web 2.0 learning tool
- The purpose of the study was to evaluate an independent learning measurement model based on connectivism theory and Web 2.0 learning tool. The quantitative method was utilised in this study. The data were collected using connectivism and Web 2.0 learning tool instruments among students of Two Year Programme in one of the matriculation colleges in Malaysia. For the purpose of sampling, the cluster sampling was utilised. In this study, the research model was evaluated using a two-step process, those were the evaluation of the measurement model and the evaluation of the structural model. In general, the purpose of model evaluation is to determine whether both measurement and structural model fulfill the quality criteria for empirical work. The findings revealed that there were significant correlations between connectivism theory and Web 2.0 learning tool towards students' achievement in the structural model. The study also showed that the students' achievement was attributed by the principles of connectivism theory and Web 2.0 as a learning tool. In conclusion, this study had successfully evaluated an independent learning model based on connectivism theory and Web 2.0 learning tool with the implementing of Partial Least Squares-Structural Equation Modelling. This study implied that apart from others factor, connectivism theory and Web 2.0 learning tool are also contributed a different perspective to the process of students' learning.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zulkifley Mohamed AU - Nor Ubaidullah AU - Siti Yusof PY - 2018/10 DA - 2018/10 TI - An Evaluation of Structural Model for Independent Learning Through Connectivism Theory and Web 2.0 Towards Students’ Achievement BT - International Conference on Applied Science and Engineering (ICASE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icase-18.2018.1 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icase-18.2018.1 ID - Mohamed2018/10 ER -