Simulating Population Dynamics with an Agent Based and Microsimulation Based Framework
- Karandeep Singh, Mazhar Sajjad, Chang-Won Ahn
- Corresponding Author
- Karandeep Singh
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.90How to use a DOI?
- Agent Based Modeling, Microsimulation, Demography, Social Simulation, Population Dynamics.
- Simulation has been an important way of modeling and for predicting and analyzing population dynamics related phenomena. There have been many advances in this field and various techniques have been applied for prediction and understanding. Microsimulation and multi agent based simulation are two of the most suitable techniques which give us results that could be related to the real world phenomena. Applying these techniques enable us to perform various multi-dimensional policy experiments on demography related processes. Of these two techniques, microsimulation has been around for longer time, but of late, agent based techniques have become very popular. These models are being used more and more in the social sciences. Both of techniques have similarities and as well as differences. We will explore these techniques and propose a new framework which has positive aspects of both the approaches.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Karandeep Singh AU - Mazhar Sajjad AU - Chang-Won Ahn PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Simulating Population Dynamics with an Agent Based and Microsimulation Based Framework BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.90 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.90 ID - Singh2016/08 ER -