Cultural Fusion From the Perspective of Translation
- Bao-chun Li, Jin-ling Liu
- Corresponding Author
- Bao-chun Li
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.133How to use a DOI?
- translation; cultural fusion; alienation; domes- tication.
- As there are many differences between Chinese culture and the Western cultures, such as history, religion, tradition, philosophy and geography, there are significant factors in the aspects of language and words. As for this, people start to learn about the languages of each other and understand the meanings of the words. At this time, the translation has become the most important method of the communication of cultures between China and West. The aim of translation is not only to translate the literal meaning but also the cultures in words. Translators help readers know the relationship and meanings between the source language and the translated language from the points of skills and methods of translation. It can make them know Chinese culture and Western cultures and promote cultural fusion deeply. In this thesis, the author discusses how to eliminate cultural conflicts, absorb, accept and fuse the culture of each other from the perspective of translation. Then, it can make translation more effective and it will increase the interflow and fusion. We conclude the development of Chinese and western culture and fusion from the methods and skills of translation. At the same time, we can neutralize the conflict between the cultures through translation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Bao-chun Li AU - Jin-ling Liu PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Cultural Fusion From the Perspective of Translation BT - 3d International Conference on Applied Social Science Research (ICASSR 2015) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.133 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icassr-15.2016.133 ID - Li2016/08 ER -