Design and Material Optimisation of a Solar Dryer – Tray Section
- Himanshu Bishwash, Shreya Bobadi, Manoj Nikam
- Corresponding Author
- Himanshu Bishwash
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.5How to use a DOI?
- Solar Dryer, Tray, Fins, Corrugated, Dehydrated
- India is a great country with about 160 million hectares of arable land. It is the second highest producer of agro-products in the world. 40% of its GDP is agriculture based. However, in the recent times, the contribution of agriculture to the GDP and area of arable land has reduced considerably mainly due to the loss of agriculture product due to improper storage and also less income from the product due to its seasonal nature. Solar dryer removes moisture from the food products, thus making it available through the year, maintaining its quality and thus ensuring proper income from the product. This paper deals with ways to improve the thermal efficiency of a solar dryer by studying the various materials that can be used to manufacture the tray of the dryer and also suggesting a design shape for the dryer tray so that more heating is achieved from the same.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Himanshu Bishwash AU - Shreya Bobadi AU - Manoj Nikam PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Design and Material Optimisation of a Solar Dryer – Tray Section BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.5 ID - Bishwash2016/12 ER -