Actuation of Electro-Pneumatic System using MATLAB Simulink and Arduino Controller- A case of a Mechatronics systems Lab
- Priyam Parikh, Rupesh Vasani, Saurin Sheth, Jigarkumar Gohil
- Corresponding Author
- Priyam Parikh
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.10How to use a DOI?
- Arduino controller, MATLAB Simulink, Electro-Pneumatic Mechatronics system, Serial Communication
- Mechatronics is an immerging branch in the present era which deals with mechanical systems, instrumentations and electronic systems. Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems are the vital elements of Mechatronics system. The actuation of hydraulic and pneumatic system can be done using a PLC or a microcontroller. The programming could be done in a ladder language, Functional block diagram or in embedded C. This paper shows the methodology for interfacing the MATLAB simulink with pneumatic system via microcontroller without any burden of programming. To fulfil this purpose, MATHWORKS has designed Arduino I/O packages, to communicate with Arduino controller without any programming language. The system consists of a relay unit, Arduino Microcontroller, Arduino IDE software, MATLAB simulink (Version 2012 or beyond) SMPS, Direction controlled solenoid operated valve, Double acting pneumatic cylinder and a USB cable. In a nut shell this methodology will not only decrease the load of programming but also will increase the interest of students towards Mechatronics and automation.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Priyam Parikh AU - Rupesh Vasani AU - Saurin Sheth AU - Jigarkumar Gohil PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Actuation of Electro-Pneumatic System using MATLAB Simulink and Arduino Controller- A case of a Mechatronics systems Lab BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.10 ID - Parikh2016/12 ER -