Residual Stress Analysis in Orthogonal Cutting of AISI 1020 Steel
- Omkar Bhatkar, Sagar Sakharkar, V. Mohan, Raju Pawade
- Corresponding Author
- Omkar Bhatkar
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.17How to use a DOI?
- Residual stresses, orthogonal cutting, X-ray diffraction, FEM
- The aim of research work is to analyze residual stresses generated during shaper machining. This paper presents the simulation of single point cutting process by finite element method and compared with experimental work results. Taguchi L9 experimental design is used to obtain effective process parameters of rake angle, depth of cut and cutting speed. High speed cutting tool steel is used for orthogonal cutting of AISI 1020 steel on shaper machine. The residual stresses are measured by X-ray sine2 diffraction method and finite element software used to simulate residual stress analysis. In Taguchi designed experimentation rake angle 120, depth of cut 1mm, and cutting speed 220m/min has been found optimum cutting parameter for optimize compressive residual stresses.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Omkar Bhatkar AU - Sagar Sakharkar AU - V. Mohan AU - Raju Pawade PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Residual Stress Analysis in Orthogonal Cutting of AISI 1020 Steel BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.17 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.17 ID - Bhatkar2016/12 ER -