Optimization of High Pressure Coolant Assisted Turning of Inconel 718 using TOPSIS
- Sunil Raykar, Uday Dabade
- Corresponding Author
- Sunil Raykar
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.19How to use a DOI?
- TOPSIS, High Pressure Coolant, Surface Roughness, Cutting Forces, Inconel 718
- Optimization of process parameters for machining Heat Resistant Super Alloys (HRSA) is a very challenging task for researchers. Many techniques are being used to find out optimized process parameters for machining these alloys. This paper presents the use of Technique for Order Preference by Similarity to Ideal Solution (TOPSIS) to optimize process parameters for High-Pressure Coolant (HPC) assisted turning of Inconel 718.Inconel 718 is one of heat resistance superalloy from nickel-chromium group suitable for aerospace applications.TOPSIS is used for optimization of manufacturing processes which involves analysis of multi-performance characteristics. In the present analysis, high-pressure coolant is introduced into the cutting zone while machining Inconel 718.The performance of the machining is optimized for response variables namely cutting force, radial force, feed force and surface roughness. It is seen from the analysis that TOPSIS is a very striking approach for multiobjective optimization which can be effectively used for machining processes which always involves many process parameters. Optimized process parameters found during the investigation are 80 bar coolant pressure, 60m/min cutting speed, 0.1 mm/rev feed and 0.5 mm of the depth of cut.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sunil Raykar AU - Uday Dabade PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Optimization of High Pressure Coolant Assisted Turning of Inconel 718 using TOPSIS BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.19 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.19 ID - Raykar2016/12 ER -