Some Experimental Investigations on Turning of Nimonic 80A using Sialon Ceramic Inserts
- Jitendra Patil, Vishwanath Chavan, Shirish Kadam, Mudigonda Sadaiah
- Corresponding Author
- Jitendra Patil
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.41How to use a DOI?
- ANOVA; MRR; NIMONIC 80A; Surface roughness; Taguchi method
- The main objective of this study is to analyze the effect of cutting speed, feed, and depth of cut on response variables such as surface roughness, tool wear, and material removal rate (MRR). Turning of NIMONIC 80A was carried out at three levels of cutting speed, feed, and depth of cut. Analysis of variance (ANOVA) is used to find which factor is significant for the output parameters. From experimental analysis it is observed that mainly major factor responsible for flank wear is cutting speed,for surface roughness is feed and to get maximum material removal rate is depth of cut. It is found from experimental results that the ceramic inserts gives better surface finish compared to carbide inserts.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Jitendra Patil AU - Vishwanath Chavan AU - Shirish Kadam AU - Mudigonda Sadaiah PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Some Experimental Investigations on Turning of Nimonic 80A using Sialon Ceramic Inserts BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.41 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.41 ID - Patil2016/12 ER -