Study of Interfacial Pressure Distribution for Preloaded Bolted Connection
- R. Mangalekar, C. Ramdas, B. Dawari
- Corresponding Author
- R. Mangalekar
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.42How to use a DOI?
- Angle of interfacial pressure distribution, Finite Element analysis, Double strap bolted connection
- Analysis of double strap bolted lap joint was carried out using Finite Element Method (FEM). Angle of interfacial pressure distribution between the plates to be joined using preloaded bolted connection has been a debatable point though widely researched. Shigale's Pressure cone approach for the determination of the stiffness of the joint material had been used by many designers with fixed cone angle 300. This angle of interfacial pressure distribution is affected by many factors including the plate thicknesses, bolt head diameter, plate material etc. Numerical modelling has been carried out on models with 8mm, 12 mm and 16mm thick cover plates pre-compressed using M16 bolts. The results emphasize significance of the half cone angle in the calculation of stiffness of the cover plate in the bolted connection.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - R. Mangalekar AU - C. Ramdas AU - B. Dawari PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Study of Interfacial Pressure Distribution for Preloaded Bolted Connection BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.42 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.42 ID - Mangalekar2016/12 ER -