Stabilization of Jittery Videos Using Feature Point Matching Technique
- S. Kulkarni, D. Bormane, S. Nalbalwar
- Corresponding Author
- S. Kulkarni
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.100How to use a DOI?
- Video stabilization, point feature matching, Affine Transform, FAST algorithm, s-R-t Transform, image quality measurement
- Video capturing by non-professionals will lead to unanticipated effects. such as image distortion, image blurring etc. Many researchers focused on these drawbacks to enhance the quality of videos. In this paper an algorithm based on s-R-t transform is proposed to stabilize jittery videos .A stable output video is obtained without the effect of jitter which is caused due to shaking of handheld camera during video recording. In this technique firstly, salient points from each frame from the input video are identified using FAST algorithm. Camera motion is corrected by affine transform and motion compensation is performed by s-R-t transform which gives stabilized video. Optimization includes the quality of the video stabilization. This method has shown good result in terms of stabilization and it discarded distortion from the output videos recorded in different circumstances.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - S. Kulkarni AU - D. Bormane AU - S. Nalbalwar PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - Stabilization of Jittery Videos Using Feature Point Matching Technique BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.100 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.100 ID - Kulkarni2016/12 ER -