A New Parallel Algorithm for EREW PRAM Matrix Multiplication
- S. Vollala, K. Geetha, A. Joshi, P. Gayathri
- Corresponding Author
- S. Vollala
Available Online December 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.103How to use a DOI?
- EREW; PRAM; Parallel Algorithms; Matrix Multiplication; Theoretical Time Complexity
- This work presents a new parallel matrix multiplication algorithm using an exclusive-read and exclusive-write (EREW), parallel random access memory (PRAM) model for a fixed number of processors. This algorithm used for computing the matrix multiplication analyses the logical pattern that exists for accessing the elements of the matrix efficiently. The proposed algorithm PEMM (Parallel EREW algorithm for Matrix Multiplication) works with the time complexity of O(n), but takes less number of iterations when compared with the existing work. It can also run on parallel machines other than the EREW PRAM.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - S. Vollala AU - K. Geetha AU - A. Joshi AU - P. Gayathri PY - 2016/12 DA - 2016/12 TI - A New Parallel Algorithm for EREW PRAM Matrix Multiplication BT - International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing 2016 (ICCASP 2016) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.103 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccasp-16.2017.103 ID - Vollala2016/12 ER -