Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)

The Effect of Celebrity Endorser Raffi Ahmad and Testimonial on Consumer Buying Interest of Lemonilo Products on Social Media

Survey on Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta Students

Authors
Salma Sepilla1, Dian Purworini2, *
1,2Communication Science Department, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
*Corresponding author. Email: dp151@ums.ac.id
Corresponding Author
Dian Purworini
Available Online 9 May 2022.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.009How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Celebrity Endorser; Digital Era; Social Media; Consumer Buying Interest; Testimonial
Abstract

Humans become inseparable from communication technology, transferring and disseminating information via the internet and social media. Entrepreneurs are competing to create marketing communication strategies to attract the attention of potential consumers to product purchasing decisions. To increase consumer interest in buying products, it considers the quality of the product from consumers’ testimonials and programs that play a role in promoting the product to make them sell fast. In this study, the theory of SOR was used. This research aims to explore the influence of celebrity endorsers and testimonials on consumer buying interest in products offered on social media. The research method used quantitative explanatory research with a positivistic approach. The sampling technique is probability sampling, which is a random sampling technique. Data collection techniques were carried out through field research; a survey was conducted with help of questionnaires. The data analysis technique applied multiple linear regression data analysis, which analyzed the influence of celebrity endorser on the independent variables and testimonials on the dependent variable of consumer buying interest. The results showed that the attractiveness of celebgram or celebrity endorser Raffi Ahmad and testimonials had a positive effect on consumer buying interest in Lemonilo products and the contribution of influence posed by the attractiveness variable of celebrity endorser Raffi Ahmad and testimonials of purchase interest of Lemonilo products was 68.1%, while the remaining 31.9% was modified by other variables.

Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)
Series
Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research
Publication Date
9 May 2022
ISBN
978-94-6239-574-9
ISSN
2352-5398
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.009How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Salma Sepilla
AU  - Dian Purworini
PY  - 2022
DA  - 2022/05/09
TI  - The Effect of Celebrity Endorser Raffi Ahmad and Testimonial on Consumer Buying Interest of Lemonilo Products on Social Media
BT  - Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 71
EP  - 79
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.009
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.009
ID  - Sepilla2022
ER  -