Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)

The Influence of Ustaz Hanan Attaki’s (UHA) Podcast Digital Da’wah on Religious Behavior

Authors
Erwaningtyas Ami Sekar Pramesthi1, Agus Triyono2, *
1, 2Communication Science Department, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
*Corresponding author. Email: Agus.triyono@ums.ac.id
Corresponding Author
Agus Triyono
Available Online 9 May 2022.
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.007How to use a DOI?
Keywords
Digital Da’wah; Digital Media Literacy; Religious Behavior; Podcasts; Mass Media Exposure
Abstract

Digital media literacy impacts not only the education sector but also the religious field, as in the case with the development of digital da’wah. On the other hand, the pandemic due to SARS-CoV-2 has affected various activities, including religious activities. Specifically, Ustaz Hanan Attaki’s (UHA) podcast emerged as an option to replace conventional religious activities, which were hampered by the ban on crowding during the pandemic. Not many preachers manage and produce their podcasts, one of which is UHA. The da’i, famous for his distinctive youth style, has been active in podcast digital da’wah since June 2020. For this reason, this study aims to determine whether there is an effect of UHA’s podcast digital da’wah on religious behavior. The research population was UHA podcast listeners. The sampling was determined by a simple random sampling technique. The samples used in this study were 110 people. This study also employed quantitative analysis with a correlational approach. The results uncovered that the regression coefficient was positive with the equation Y = 7.027 + 0.276X, so the direction of the influence of the UHA podcast digital da’wah variable on religious behavior was positive. UHA podcast digital da’wah had an effect of 24.4% on religious behavior, while the remaining 75.6% were influenced by other factors outside this research. Regarding religious behavior in the category of behavior towards Allah and His Messenger, oneself, family, neighbors, and society, the category more likely to be affected by the UHA podcast was the behavior towards Allah and His Messenger, with the percentage reaching up to 96%.

Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Download article (PDF)

Volume Title
Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)
Series
Advances in Social Science, Education and Humanities Research
Publication Date
9 May 2022
ISBN
978-94-6239-574-9
ISSN
2352-5398
DOI
https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.007How to use a DOI?
Copyright
© 2022 The Authors. Published by Atlantis Press SARL.
Open Access
This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Cite this article

TY  - CONF
AU  - Erwaningtyas Ami Sekar Pramesthi
AU  - Agus Triyono
PY  - 2022
DA  - 2022/05/09
TI  - The Influence of Ustaz Hanan Attaki’s (UHA) Podcast Digital Da’wah on Religious Behavior
BT  - Proceedings of the International Conference on Community Empowerment and Engagement (ICCEE 2021)
PB  - Atlantis Press
SP  - 52
EP  - 60
SN  - 2352-5398
UR  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.007
DO  - https://doi.org/10.2991/assehr.k.220501.007
ID  - Pramesthi2022
ER  -