The Attitude of Users towards a Micro Library "Gasibu": an Extended Service of Public Library in Sports Area
- Neneng Komariah, Pawit M Yusup, Encang Saepudin
- Corresponding Author
- Neneng Komariah
Available Online December 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.36How to use a DOI?
- The Attitude of Users towards a Micro Library "Gasibu": an Extended Service of Public Library in Sporst Area
- The literacy movement should be supported by availability of qualified and access able reading materials for people with reading interest. The Public library may support literacy movement, by way of library empowerment. The Government of the West Java Province has built Gasibu public library, a micro library located near Gasibu sports area in Bandung. Objectives of this study was to find out the utilization of Gasibu micro library and the community's attitude toward the library. It used the survey research method and data were collected through interviews, questionnaires, and literature reviews. The study results indicated, utilization of Gasibu library was good, due to its location around the sports area, the library users were people with reading hobby and most of them were students.They visited the library to spend their spare time. The library users attitude was positive, based on cognitive, affective, and behavioral aspects. Thus, the Gasibu library supports literacy movement by providing access to library collections especially for students with reading interest. Recommendation: the library must improve its services to maintain the actual users as valuable assets of the library.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Neneng Komariah AU - Pawit M Yusup AU - Encang Saepudin PY - 2017/12 DA - 2017/12 TI - The Attitude of Users towards a Micro Library "Gasibu": an Extended Service of Public Library in Sports Area BT - International Conference on Culture and Language in Southeast Asia (ICCLAS 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.36 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icclas-17.2018.36 ID - Komariah2017/12 ER -