Design of a High Performance 5.2 GHz Low Phase Noise Voltage Controlled Oscillator Using 90nm CMOS Technology
- Mohammed A. Aqeeli, Zhirun Hu
- Corresponding Author
- Mohammed A. Aqeeli
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.181How to use a DOI?
- design method, figure of merit, low phase noise, CMOS technology.
- In this paper, a novel Figure of Merit (FOM), low phase noise, LC-tank voltage-controlled oscillator (VCO) is presented. The work presents a fully integrated 5.2 GHz VCO designed in a 90nm CMOS process. The proposed VCO features a worst-case phase noise of -130.10dBc/Hz and -133.00 dBc/Hz at 600 kHz and 1 MHz frequency offset from 5.2GHz carrier is achieved. An optimization technique is used to design the excellent FOM. The FOM is -206.02dBc/Hz. It features a supply voltage of 2.7 V, with a core of only 0.5 mA.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Mohammed A. Aqeeli AU - Zhirun Hu PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - Design of a High Performance 5.2 GHz Low Phase Noise Voltage Controlled Oscillator Using 90nm CMOS Technology BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.181 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.181 ID - Aqeeli2013/03 ER -