The Hardware-In-The-Loop simulation system of the diesel generator set based on the NARMAX model
- Shanshan Ai, Shuhua Zheng, Bo Mo, Mingxin Yu
- Corresponding Author
- Shanshan Ai
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.271How to use a DOI?
- Diesel generator set, Electronic governor, LabVIEW, NARMAX model, Hardware-in-the-loop.
- The control of the speed of the diesel engine is the key to guarantee the AC output quality of the DGS (Diesel Generator Set). Because of the heavy noise and pollution of the physical DGS, it is a good way to build the mathematical model for research on the control of the diesel engine output speed. But the theoretical models often were not accurate and their control algorithms had poor usability due to nonlinearity and soft parameters of the diesel engine. To solve these problems, a Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulation system of the DGS has been built in this paper. In the HIL system, the power unit (includes diesel engine, generator and load tank) is replaced by the mathematic model, and the other devices are same as ones in the physical DGS. In order to ensure the accuracy of the model, this paper proposes modeling method for the power unit of the DGS. Thanks to the NARMAX (Nonlinear Auto-Regressive Moving Average with eXogenous inputs) model’s good ability to describe the nonlinear system, the measurement data of the power unit are used to training NARMAX model and a high accuracy model of the power unit has been obtained. The experiments on the HIL system show the model can reproduce the static and dynamic characteristic of the physical DGS power unit to meet the research needs of the electronic governor.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shanshan Ai AU - Shuhua Zheng AU - Bo Mo AU - Mingxin Yu PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - The Hardware-In-The-Loop simulation system of the diesel generator set based on the NARMAX model BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.271 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.271 ID - Ai2013/03 ER -