A Multi-resolution Model of Curve for Progressive Transmission over the Internet
- Zhenzhou CAO, Manchun LI, Liang CHENG
- Corresponding Author
- Zhenzhou CAO
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.463How to use a DOI?
- progressive transmission, multi-resolution, topological consistency
- Concerning the problems of high time complexity and topological inconsistency existed in vector map simplification, a multi-resolution model of curve for progressive transmission is proposed in this paper. By using pre-stored vertex deviation to simplify curve and using an optimized monotone chain intersection algorithm to maintain topological consistency, the model can quickly generate topologically consistent multi-resolution curve data. Finally, the model was used in the experiment of progressive transmission of river network and verified its effectiveness.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Zhenzhou CAO AU - Manchun LI AU - Liang CHENG PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - A Multi-resolution Model of Curve for Progressive Transmission over the Internet BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.463 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.463 ID - CAO2013/03 ER -