A Fuzzy Based Clustering Protocol for Energy-efficient Wireless Sensor Networks
- Md. Abdul Alim, Yucheng Wu, Wei Wang
- Corresponding Author
- Md. Abdul Alim
Available Online March 2013.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.717How to use a DOI?
- sensor network, fuzzy logic, network lifetime, clustering
- Minimization of energy consumption is one of the most important research areas in Wireless Sensor Networks. Nowadays, the paradigms of computational intelligence (CI) are widely used in WSN, such as localization, clustering, energy aware routing, task scheduling, security, etc. Though many fuzzy based clustering techniques have been proposed earlier, many of them could not increase the total network life time in terms of LND (Last Node Dies) with comparing to LEACH. In this paper, a fuzzy logic based energy-aware dynamic clustering technique is proposed, which increases the network lifetime in terms of LND. Here, two inputs are given in the fuzzy inference system and a node is selected as a cluster head according to the fuzzy cost (output). The main advantage of this protocol is that the optimum number of cluster is formed in every round, which is almost impossible in LEACH (low-energy adaptive clustering hierarchy). Moreover, this protocol has less computational load and complexity. The simulation result demonstrates that this approach performs better than LEACH in terms of energy saving as well as network lifetime.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Md. Abdul Alim AU - Yucheng Wu AU - Wei Wang PY - 2013/03 DA - 2013/03 TI - A Fuzzy Based Clustering Protocol for Energy-efficient Wireless Sensor Networks BT - Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Computer Science and Electronics Engineering PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.717 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iccsee.2013.717 ID - AbdulAlim2013/03 ER -