The Effect of Candidate Image, Advertising, Program, and Party, toward Candidate Election Decision
- Julina, Diana Eravia, Qomariah
- Corresponding Author
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.10How to use a DOI?
- Candidate Image, Advertising, Program, Party, Election Decision
- This study aimed to examine the effect of contestant image, advertising, program, and the party to local elections in the city of Pekanbaru. Data were collected using a questionnaire. After being tested for validity and reliability, the data were analyzed using multiple linear regression. This research found that the four independent variables simultaneously affect the decision to choose the candidates. However, partial test results found that, of the four independent variables, only the image of candidates and programs offered by the candidate have positive and significant impact. The interesting things from this study is that the negative effect of advertising which means that when the candidate improve the advertisement, the lower the community's decision to choose them, yet this negative effect is not significant. Based on the results of this research it can be inferred that when someone wants to nominate themselves to become head of the regions, then they must have good image and proper program that it was trusted by the community as their leader
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Julina AU - Diana Eravia AU - Qomariah PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - The Effect of Candidate Image, Advertising, Program, and Party, toward Candidate Election Decision BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.10 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.10 ID - Julina2015/05 ER -