Strategic Management Banking Technology Readiness Analysis in Facing Challenges and Opportunities
- Kamaludin Kamaludin, John Tampil Purba
- Corresponding Author
- Kamaludin Kamaludin
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.18How to use a DOI?
- strategic management, banking, technology readiness, challenges and opportunities
- Opportunities and challenges are the culture of the people in business arena. Those also happen in the Banking Industry over the world, transforming from the traditional systems into high end technology. Strategic Management is needed in preparing technology readiness (TR) of banks in customer-focused services, with innovative and fast is seen as a major requirement. Addressing the readiness toward innovation and new ideas in TR may be the best place to start. How well the information technology being used familiar, will depend on the readiness of the employees in banks institutions. This study aims to reveal the TR of employees in using information communication technology in their working activities. This study adapted and modified from TR which developed by Parasuraman and Colby in United States. This research conducted at the bank GHB, located in South Jakarta, by taking a sample of 250 employees as randomly. Descriptive analysis and quantitative analysis are used to get some conclusions. The results, employees more optimistic with average value 3.92 and innovativeness with average value 3.87 in their daily working in the company. Otherwise, in terms of discomfort is in the small value 2.64 and in the insecurity 3.29. In each item and the strategic management will be discuss in the discussion of this paper
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Kamaludin Kamaludin AU - John Tampil Purba PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Strategic Management Banking Technology Readiness Analysis in Facing Challenges and Opportunities BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.18 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.18 ID - Kamaludin2015/05 ER -