Green Accounting: Comprehension of Accounting Students
- Shofiana Hanifa, Abdul Kahar
- Corresponding Author
- Shofiana Hanifa
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.23How to use a DOI?
- Green Accounting, Environmental Accounting, Discourse Analysis
- Increasing of society awareness supported by unlimited information access nowadays causing environmental issues always take widespread attention from any holder. Green accounting is an answer from accounting towards environment degradation issues which caused by business activities. In this terms, accounting students have a preferential position. They have been educated on accounting and they are university students, who also considered as idealism agent of change. They will determining how accounting in future. The aim of this research is to get a comprehension perspective of accounting students toward green accounting topic based on their background study as university students for four years or more. Data collected from four students and analyzed used discourse analysis method. The result is accounting students consider that green accounting is very important to learn and environmental awareness of an accountant also can indirectly encouraged company to implement green accounting method. It shows that accounting students have high concern about their profession to influence shareholders
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shofiana Hanifa AU - Abdul Kahar PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Green Accounting: Comprehension of Accounting Students BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.23 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.23 ID - Hanifa2015/05 ER -