Trading Activity as a Liquidity Measure In Indonesia Stock Exchanges
- Erna Garnia, Rachmat Sudarsono, Dian Masyita, Ina Primiana
- Corresponding Author
- Erna Garnia
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.24How to use a DOI?
- trading activity, liquidity, clientele effect
- Trading activity that is indicated by the trading volume or the turnover is the measures of stock market liquidity. This paper presents a theoretical and empirical investigation of the relation between return and trading activity. As a consequence of clientele effect that relating the holding period and bid-ask spread, this paper shows that relation between return per unit price per unit time and trading activity, has a concave form similar as the relation between return per unit price per unit time and bid-ask spread. Based on the monthly data from Indonesia Stock Exchange for the period of 2008-2013, the proposed concept has been validated
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Erna Garnia AU - Rachmat Sudarsono AU - Dian Masyita AU - Ina Primiana PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Trading Activity as a Liquidity Measure In Indonesia Stock Exchanges BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.24 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.24 ID - Garnia2015/05 ER -