Determinant of Saving Behavior among Staff in International Islamic University College Selangor
- Nurul Wajhi Ahmad, Mawar Murni Yunus, Nuzul Akhtar Baharudin, Norhanizah Johari, Norazlina Ripain
- Corresponding Author
- Nurul Wajhi Ahmad
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.35How to use a DOI?
- saving behavior; financial management practice; financial distress; financial literacy
- This paper analyses the relationship of saving behavior to financial management practice, financial distress, and financial literacy. This paper utilized questionnaire- based surveys to obtain information about saving behavior. The sample comprised of 150 KUIS staffs in academic and administration department. The study provides an in-depth analysis of respondents’ financial management practice, financial distress, and financial literacy was measured with a 5-point Likert scale. The findings show that all the financial management practice, financial distress, and financial literacy have positive association with the saving behavior. All these 3 independent variables significantly predicted saving behavior. Furthermore, financial management practice is the major determinants of saving behavior due to the strongest relationship with saving behavior. The results also indicate that KUIS need for financial education programs for staff to be directed at facilitating changes in financial management practices, diminish financial distress and improving financial knowledge. We have recommended that workplace financial education programs could improve staffs’ financial constraints by reducing financial distress
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurul Wajhi Ahmad AU - Mawar Murni Yunus AU - Nuzul Akhtar Baharudin AU - Norhanizah Johari AU - Norazlina Ripain PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - Determinant of Saving Behavior among Staff in International Islamic University College Selangor BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.35 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.35 ID - Ahmad2015/05 ER -