The relationship among Personality and Beliefs about Knowledge on Study Approach : Evidence from Top Indonesian Universities Accounting Students
- Alfiati Silfi, Mohammad Ali Abdul Hamid
- Corresponding Author
- Alfiati Silfi
Available Online May 2015.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.43How to use a DOI?
- Personality,beliefs about knowledge, Study approach, deep study approach, surface study approach, strategic study approach
- The objective of the study is to investigate the relationship between personality factors and beliefs about knowledge on study approach among on accounting student in Indonesian top universities.Personality factors consists of five dimensions of personality known as The Big Five Personality and Beliefs about knowledge consists of four dimensions, known as epistemological beliefs, whereas study approach consists of three parts: a deep study approach, surface study approach and strategicstudy approach.The sample in this study is from 250 accounting students at several top universities in Indonesia. Data were analyzed with SEM by using LISREL to examine the relationship among the variables.The result shows that personality and beliefs about knowledge influence the approach directly.Furthermore, personality factors didnot influence the study approach indirectly through their effect on beliefs about knowledge
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Alfiati Silfi AU - Mohammad Ali Abdul Hamid PY - 2015/05 DA - 2015/05 TI - The relationship among Personality and Beliefs about Knowledge on Study Approach : Evidence from Top Indonesian Universities Accounting Students BT - International Conference on Economics and Banking (iceb-15) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.43 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceb-15.2015.43 ID - Silfi2015/05 ER -