Optimal Maximum Speed during Off-Peak Hours for Reduced Energy Consumption of the Bangkok MRT
- Guntinan Sakulphaisan, Boonruang Marungsri
- Corresponding Author
- Guntinan Sakulphaisan
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.30How to use a DOI?
- energy consumption; optimal maximum speed; particle swarm optimization; energy management strategy
- Nowadays, energy management is an essential strategy for reducing the energy cost in the metro system. This paper discusses the energy efficiency management by control the speed of metro for reducing the energy consumption during the off-peak period of the Chalerm Ratchamongkol metro line or the Bangkok MRT. The control conditions included the average speed throughout the route is not lower than 40 km/hr. and the trip time must be less than 5 minutes. The optimal maximum speed was determined by using Particle Swarm Optimization Technique (PSO). The simulation result showed that the energy consumption after changing the maximum speed to the optimal value reduced u p to 20.89 kWh per trip.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Guntinan Sakulphaisan AU - Boonruang Marungsri PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Optimal Maximum Speed during Off-Peak Hours for Reduced Energy Consumption of the Bangkok MRT BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Automation (ICEEA 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.30 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.30 ID - Sakulphaisan2018/03 ER -