Sliding Mode Control under Wave Disturbances for an AUV Using Nonlinear Observer Method
- Yibo Liu, Haiqin Wan, Jiaping Song
- Corresponding Author
- Yibo Liu
Available Online March 2018.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.32How to use a DOI?
- AUV; sliding mode controller; nonlinear observer
- This paper mainly presents that the influence from high-frequency wave disturbances to the motion of the AUV when it operates in shallow water. To solve the issue above, a nonlinear observer is proposed to derive the disturbance information of wave by estimating the shallow water wave’s velocities and AUV’s relative velocities from position and attitude measurement. With the observer estimates, the position errors in X, Y, Z directions are obtained by the velocity errors in surge, sway and heave. Meanwhile, a sliding mode controller is designed to make AUV keep stability while moving in the three dimensional space. Simulation results demonstrated that the proposed method is effective to eliminate wave disturbance and performs well.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yibo Liu AU - Haiqin Wan AU - Jiaping Song PY - 2018/03 DA - 2018/03 TI - Sliding Mode Control under Wave Disturbances for an AUV Using Nonlinear Observer Method BT - 2018 2nd International Conference on Electrical Engineering and Automation (ICEEA 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.32 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceea-18.2018.32 ID - Liu2018/03 ER -