Practice and Exploration of Mechanical Design Fundamental Experimental Teaching based on SPOC
- Qianqian Lu, Yangfang Wu, Shuli Sun
- Corresponding Author
- Qianqian Lu
Available Online August 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.107How to use a DOI?
- Mechanical design fundamental experiment, SPOC, mixed teaching, teaching by learning
- A new model of current internet teaching -SPOC (Small Private Online Course) is introduced by analyzing characteristics and problems of traditional mechanical design fundamental teaching system. This new model combines teaching through network, testing, homework and evaluation. The four parts work as one system by using both blackboard platform and classroom site to realize new mixed-teaching mode with network and classroom coexistence. During the teaching process students should carry out independent preview and fulfill test or quiz before class based on the experimental requirements within limited time. During experiment, student are provided with a video related with the experiment and do experiment as a group with 3 or 4 student according to guide book. Afterward, discuss topics and feedback projects are set for each experiment require students participating. This mixed-teaching mode motivates students' initiative, makes them the host of classroom to realize teaching by learning. By allowing students to engage in preparation ahead of class independently or corporately, that will help them review or preview theory related with the experiment they are going to do. It turns out that the students really help themselves and each other through SPOC.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Qianqian Lu AU - Yangfang Wu AU - Shuli Sun PY - 2016/08 DA - 2016/08 TI - Practice and Exploration of Mechanical Design Fundamental Experimental Teaching based on SPOC BT - 2016 International Conference on Education, E-learning and Management Technology PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.107 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceemt-16.2016.107 ID - Lu2016/08 ER -