Characteristics of Bamboo Fiber as Environmentally Friendly Material for Soil Strengthening
- Latifah Khoiriya, Supriyadi Bambang, Rochim Abdul
- Corresponding Author
- Latifah Khoiriya
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.4How to use a DOI?
- Bamboo, bamboo fiber, soil, bamboo characteristics
- Indonesia is a bamboo producing country. Many benefits that can be taken from bamboo trees, one of them is as an alternative construction material that is environmentally friendly and economical. Bamboo can be used in construction because bamboo has high tensile strength, it can be for the reinforcement of soil based on properties the mechanical strength. There are various types of bamboo and there are similarities between the bamboo fiber and other so it will be difficult to distinguish the type of bamboo that is good quality and less one because the human assessment is subjective. In this study for testing of fiber strength and bamboo fiber content we used the SNI 01-1840-1990 rule to test the fiber length, SNI 0492 - 2008 for Lignin test method using Klason Method, ASTM D1104 - 56 (1978) for method of test for hollocellulose in wood, SNI - TAPPI T 203 for the test of alpha, beta and gamma cellulose levels. The result and analysis of fiber content, fiber length, intercellular adhesive of lignin and diameter of bamboo fiber that is higher causing the bamboo stems are stronger and stiffer and good for soil reinforcement. So one of four types of bamboo above is Gombong bamboo that is most powerful bamboo among the 3 other types of bamboo.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Latifah Khoiriya AU - Supriyadi Bambang AU - Rochim Abdul PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Characteristics of Bamboo Fiber as Environmentally Friendly Material for Soil Strengthening BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.4 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.4 ID - Khoiriya2019/01 ER -