Construct Validity on Teaching Materials of Language Assessment Based on Problem-Based Learning
- Andriyani Santi, Saidah Nusrotus, Dian Yulistianti Hayu
- Corresponding Author
- Andriyani Santi
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.5How to use a DOI?
- construct validity, language assessment, problem-based learning
- This research is aimed at finding out the content and construct validity of teaching materials of language assesment course based problem-based learning (PBL) approach. The construct validity is conducted by using factor analysis and assessment persentage of teaching materials.The verification of content validity is conducted through rational judgement and expert judgement.The assessment instrument indicators of teaching materials are: the content feasibility, the presentation appropriateness with the learning approach, the conformity with didactic conditions, the conformity with the construction terms (language), and the conformity with technical requirements (graph). The analysis results show that the value of KMO 0,559 and all of the test called Barlett,s test of Sphericity are significant (sig<0,05). The charge of the assessment factor of this teaching materials is greater than 0.5 so that the assessment instrument is declared valid. The persentages of the teaching material assessment by reviewers show the value 64,375% produced by the first expert and 89,375 produced by the second expert. Besides, it is 86,875% produced by user practitioner. The values show that the teaching materials has good criteria and proper to be implemented in language assessment course based on PBL approach for students of English department.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Andriyani Santi AU - Saidah Nusrotus AU - Dian Yulistianti Hayu PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Construct Validity on Teaching Materials of Language Assessment Based on Problem-Based Learning BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.5 ID - Santi2019/01 ER -