Expansion of Middle Small Micro Business Marketing for Creative Industry of Bags Towards Export Market Products Based on Web Services
- Masluri, Setiaji Pratomo, Setiawan Arif
- Corresponding Author
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.7How to use a DOI?
- MSMEs, exports, information technology, markets.
- Bag industry is one of the creative industries that contribute greatly to the level of national economic growth. This is evident from the development of the bag craft sector in Kudus, which during the last five years the trade contract experienced a positive growth of 2.8%. This is in line with the increase in exports of handicraft products over the past five years which grew by 4.6%. The total export of bags in Kudus reached USD 1.1 million with the main export destinations to Saudi Arabia, Dubai and Malaysia. Exports of bag craft products in Kudus next year are targeted to increase by around 7% -8% or reach a value of around USD 1.6 million-USD 2 million. The performance of the bag craft market in Loram this year, according to Kudus data in figures, reached 14.74 percent with export value reaching 0.8 million US dollars. The export value of bag crafts in Kudus is still very small, even less than 1 percent compared to the demand for world bag crafts. Even compared to a number of districts / cities, Kudus district was also still far behind. This condition seems contradictory if you see the potential of Kudus to regional handicraft products that are very large. The purpose of the program is to develop export products in the creative industry that is to improve business management capabilities which include production management to produce export products and marketing management for export so as to be able to carry out exports and compete in the global market, the use of information technology in supporting export marketing. Specific targets are to improve product quality, quantity and variety, use of information technology to improve global market access, and display or showrooms for all school bag products produced. The methods and stages in the development of MSME exports are identifying problems, especially in the marketing field, developing products by combining variations in order to obtain product differentiation and diversification based on the results of research, applying information technology applications that are appropriate to the conditions of MSMEs by preparing web services starting from program preparation. fill interesting content both types and variations of products, prices, sales systems, as well as provide training to operators. The results achieved are the showroom display of all products produced, variations in product consumption are one of the mainstays of SMEs produced by the holy community with the potential to export. The uniqueness of this bag craft is its shape which also has a partwhich is a place for holy books (Al-Qur'an) is also a place for prayer tools, because it is crafting this bag with the target markets of countries that are predominantly Muslim.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Masluri AU - Setiaji Pratomo AU - Setiawan Arif PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Expansion of Middle Small Micro Business Marketing for Creative Industry of Bags Towards Export Market Products Based on Web Services BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.7 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.7 ID - 2019/01 ER -