Effectiveness of the Project Based Learning Model Integrated Ethno Technology to Actualize Superior Teacher Candidates
- Nuroso Harto, Sarwi, Sudarmin, Supriyadi
- Corresponding Author
- Nuroso Harto
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.12How to use a DOI?
- Project based learning, ethno technology, superior competence
- The purpose of this study was to determine the effectiveness of ethno technology integrated project-based learning models to improve the competency of superior physics teacher candidates. With the subject of physics education students at PGRI Semarang University who participated in environmental physics courses as many as 30 people. Students were given the task of observing brick making around the city of Semarang, then made a simple research related to the use of physics in brick making. The superior indicators chosen are mastery of concepts, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, information technology skills, scientific communication skills, team work skills, objective attitudes, and environmental care attitudes. This research method is quantitative by analyzing data using t-test and N-gain. The average score before assignment after the assignment is increased. The results of the t-test showed a sig value <0.05, for the mastery of concepts, critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, information technology skills, team work skills, objective attitudes, and environmental care attitudes. This means that there is a significant difference between the subject variables before and after the assignment of project tasks. From the results of the N-gain test all variables were obtained in the low and medium improvement categories. Low categories for variable mastery of concepts, scientific communication skills, teamwork skills, and objective attitudes. Obtained a medium category for variable critical thinking skills, problem solving skills, information technology mastery skills and environmental care attitudes. Based on the above results it can be concluded that the integrated project-based learning model of ethno-technology is effective in improving the competency of superior teacher candidates.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nuroso Harto AU - Sarwi AU - Sudarmin AU - Supriyadi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Effectiveness of the Project Based Learning Model Integrated Ethno Technology to Actualize Superior Teacher Candidates BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.12 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.12 ID - Harto2019/01 ER -