Politics Identity and Electoral Contestation Among The Bakumpai Tribes (a Geopolitical Survey at Central Kalimantan) Subtitles: Politics Identity, Prespective Political Education on Beginner Voters
- Liadi H.Fimeir, Anwar Khairil, Erawati Desi
- Corresponding Author
- Liadi H.Fimeir
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.22How to use a DOI?
- politics identity, electoral contestation, political education, beginner voters, Bakumbai Tribes
- Abstract-Bakumpai residents are active despite the fact of the presence and absence of legislative candidates and regional leaders from the Bakumpai tribe. This reflects that the Bakumpai Tribe is still not contaminated with Identity Politics (Setia Budi, oral interview). This research is a sub-title of Identity politics and electoral contestation among the Bakumpai Tribes (a Geopolitical survey in Central Kalimantan) in which the Beginner Voters of the Bakumpai Tribes in the three Research Areas (Katingan District, Murung Raya and North Barito District) are great potential according to BPS data and KPU that the Beginner Voters are 27.6%.The basic question is whether this new voter group has been contaminated by Identity Politics? And how do these youth groups perceive the regional election in their respective regions? This study applies the Survey method. The survey was conducted in 6 senior high schools which had a population of Bakumpai tribes, namely 2 schools in the district Katingan Tengah 1. SMAN 1 Katingan and MA. Ashalihin. 2 Schools in Murung Raya Regency, namely SMAN 1 PurukCahu and MAN 1 MuaraLaung and 2 Schools in North Barito namely SMAN-2 MuaraTeweh and MAN 1 MuaraTeweh. The number of population is 354 students. The results showed that in the initial survey session, the majority of Beginner Voter students already knew their rights as voters and had learned election simulation through their respective schools under the guidance of Civics Teachers and had several visits from the regional Election Commission and Election Supervisor Committee as election organizers and election supervisors.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Liadi H.Fimeir AU - Anwar Khairil AU - Erawati Desi PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Politics Identity and Electoral Contestation Among The Bakumpai Tribes (a Geopolitical Survey at Central Kalimantan) Subtitles: Politics Identity, Prespective Political Education on Beginner Voters BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.22 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.22 ID - H.Fimeir2019/01 ER -