Study on the Conservation of Forest Orchid and Community Perception Towards the Preservation of Ungaran Mountain Orchid in Ex Situ
- Sulistya Dewi Endah Rita, Susatyo Nugroho Ary, Maria Ulfah
- Corresponding Author
- Sulistya Dewi Endah Rita
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.25How to use a DOI?
- Ungaran mountain orchid, conservation, perception
- Forest Ungaran Mountain has a variety of plant diversity, one of which is a kind of forest orchids. Along with the wild hunting of Ungaran mountain orchid as well as the transfer of forest land and land for agriculture, productive plantation and community settlement land, the popuasi and natural habitat for Ungaran Mountain Orchid species is decreasing. This study aims to determine the diversity of forest orchids and peoples perceptions of the preservation of orchids Ungaran mountain ex situ in the village Ngesrep Balong, Limbangan Kendal District. This research is a qualitative descriptive research, with purposive sampling. From the sampling result, it was found that there were 12 species of forest found in 8 genera, 10 of which were epiphytic orchids and two other terrestrial orchids. The perception of the community toward the existence of orchids of the ungaran mounts of Limbangan Kendal and to the conservation efforts of the orchid ex situ is very positive.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sulistya Dewi Endah Rita AU - Susatyo Nugroho Ary AU - Maria Ulfah PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Study on the Conservation of Forest Orchid and Community Perception Towards the Preservation of Ungaran Mountain Orchid in Ex Situ BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.25 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.25 ID - EndahRita2019/01 ER -