Mapping the Muallaf Coaching of South Barito, East Barito and Gunung Mas Regencies of Central Kalimantan
- Sabian, Sadiani, Hartati Zainap
- Corresponding Author
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.46How to use a DOI?
- Muallaf, problematics, coaching mapping
- Mapping of Muallaf coaching in Central Kalimantan is a follow up of the study conducted in 2017, intended to inventory learners of Islam in fostering Muallaf carried out by elements of the Muslims, both when they just had converted to Islam and a few years later. This research as a response in looking closely the information that there are many Muallaf in various regencies / cities in the Central Kalimantan who have not been built up massively and maximally after converted to Islam. The focus of this research problem is the process of Muallaf coaching mapping, the background of the convertion, as well as Muallaf coaching for who had converted to Islam in Central Kalimantan. The data extraction required for research to be done with social research methods which explores the data of Muallaf coaching of Central Kalimantan in South Barito, East Barito and Gunung Mas regencies for qualitative analysis. Research Results of Muallaf coaching Mapping existing in South Barito, East Barito and Gunung Mas regencies; Muallaf coaching mapping process that is by visiting regencies Ministry of Religion (Kemenag) offices and Religious Affairs (KUA) offices of sub-regencies and religious leaders, community figures who are Muslims and the Muallafs to inventory the data of their numbers and implementation of the coaching in the society. The background of convertion of Muallaf to Islam in general because of marriage and a small portion of their own will, as well as calls from family. While maullaf coaching who had converted to Islam, there are individuals who studied both before and after becoming mua'llaf. The general results of the three districts that have been studied, they (Muallafs) have no special coaching or guidance on the scope of the religion of Islam, this is in addition to the Muallaf confessions it also came from regency level Kemenag, sub-regency level KUA, religious leaders and others. Confession of Muallaf that they only went along with surah yasin recitals and prayers in the mosque, but did not understand what they read, this condition lasts for years. Meanwhile, a statement from the regency level Kenenag, sub-regency KUA, other religious leaders that they do not coach Muallaf in particular way, because there are no operating costs (transportation) for special coaching to Muallaf from the Ministry of Religion (Kemenag).
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Sabian AU - Sadiani AU - Hartati Zainap PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Mapping the Muallaf Coaching of South Barito, East Barito and Gunung Mas Regencies of Central Kalimantan BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.46 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.46 ID - 2019/01 ER -