The Transformation of Early Marriage in Pacitan as the Impact of Modernization
- M. Fashihullisan, Mukodi, Sugiyono
- Corresponding Author
- M. Fashihullisan
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.45How to use a DOI?
- The Transformation, Early Marriage, Impact of Modernization
- Modernization in Pacitan has brought an impact on people's lives change. Economic development impacts on the increase of educational opportunities and delays the age of marriage. The culture of early marriage in the past had been distressed by the postponement of the age of early marriage. The goal of this writing is to analyze the process of the early marriage transformation from the past to the present and the pattern of early marriage model in the present. The study was conducted in June 2018 in the district of Pacitan done by using observation, interview, and FGD (Focus Group Discussion) methods. The interview was conducted on the subjects of early marriage and those closest to the subjects of early marriage. FGD was conducted with community leaders who had known the description of the early marriage phenomena. The study was conducted in rural areas of Pacitan where the practice of early marriage commonly done in the past and in the town of Pacitan which gave great influence for the transformation of early marriage in Pacitan. The results showed that early marriage in the past which had been motivated by tradition is not practiced in the present. Marriage in the present is more due to pregnancy outside marriage caused by the strengthening of the free sex practice. Therefore there was a great change from the practice of early marriage in the past and the present.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - M. Fashihullisan AU - Mukodi AU - Sugiyono PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - The Transformation of Early Marriage in Pacitan as the Impact of Modernization BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.45 ID - Fashihullisan2019/01 ER -