Design and Development of Book Search Applications in the Library of the University of PGRI Semarang Online Based on 3D Mobile Scanner
- Nurahman Iqbal, Buchori Achmad, Indriarti Teodora
- Corresponding Author
- Nurahman Iqbal
Available Online January 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.61How to use a DOI?
- Keywords: libraries, books, smartphones, android
- Reading is a window to the world where we often read we will be more knowledgeable. The library is one of the windows of the world where we will get a lot of knowledge. For that, in education in Indonesia there are many libraries, even at every level of education both in Elementary School (SD), Middle School (Middle School), High School (SMA) and also in Higher Education. At the University of PGRI Semarang there is a facilitating library where students can borrow books but in the borrowing of books are only given a limit of two books for students given assignments by lecturers and five books for students working on thesis. The borrowing of books is sometimes a constraint for students because there is a limitation of book interest, sometimes students are already in the library, but the books that students are looking for have been borrowed by other students. By utilizing the technological sophistication, especially the Android smartphone, researchers built a book search application at the PGRI University Library, Semarang, Online Based on Mobile Scanner 3D. This application will help students to facilitate time efficiency in borrowing books, in this application there will be a list of newly borrowed books and available e-books with pdf format which can be downloaded via smartphone. This research uses prototype method, programming language with android studio and MYSQL database. Based on the validation that has been done this application is feasible to use with several language improvements, material details, and application content for application enhancements.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Nurahman Iqbal AU - Buchori Achmad AU - Indriarti Teodora PY - 2019/01 DA - 2019/01 TI - Design and Development of Book Search Applications in the Library of the University of PGRI Semarang Online Based on 3D Mobile Scanner BT - 1st International Conference on Education and Social Science Research (ICESRE 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.61 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icesre-18.2019.61 ID - Iqbal2019/01 ER -