Destination Management of Religious Tourism in Cirebon Indonesia
- Tanti Kustiari, M. Taufik Taufik H
- Corresponding Author
- Tanti Kustiari
Available Online September 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icet-17.2017.5How to use a DOI?
- management, destination, tourism, religion
- Since a long time ago, most of mosque role has been merely for worship, mosques in Cirebon are included. Now, as time flies, the function of mosque in the area has transformed to be religious tourist resorts. The program has an impact on improving the socio-economic environment of the community. The quality of religious tourist resort management is determined by the quality of mosque management resources as tourist destinations in Cirebon. The study was conducted in Cirebon religious tourist destination in 2016. The research respondents were twenty mosque managers from seven tourist mosques. The research aims to identify and analyze: (1) the characteristics of religious tourist destination in Cirebon; (2) the characteristics of human resource competence in managing the attractiveness of religious tourist destinations of Cirebon; and (3) the implications of management resource gap in managing Cirebon religious tourist destinations. Cirebon is expected to be widely known as religious tourist icon that has a complete appeal of cultural traditions, socio-economic religious, historical activities. The research deployed a quantitative method and supported by relevant literature review. The results showed: (1) religious tourist destinations in Cirebon has uniqueness with a large number of customers. However, existing tourism activities have not been expanded; (2) competent religious tourist management resources can be improved through active learning, achievement driven, and ability to cooperate; and (3) strengthening the role of education and training.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Tanti Kustiari AU - M. Taufik Taufik H PY - 2017/09 DA - 2017/09 TI - Destination Management of Religious Tourism in Cirebon Indonesia BT - 3rd International Conference on Education and Training (ICET 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icet-17.2017.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icet-17.2017.5 ID - Kustiari2017/09 ER -