Rain-Wind-Induced Vibration of Cable Computed by Ansys
- Ling Lv, Lei Zhao, Fang Zhu, Longfan Peng
- Corresponding Author
- Ling Lv
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.21How to use a DOI?
- Stay-cable, Rain-Wind-Induced Vibration, resistance measures
- Stay cable is one of the main components of cable stayed bridge to bear loads. Due to its large flexibility, small quality and small damping, various of harmful vibrations could happen easily under the external excitations. Rain-wind-induced vibration is the strongest form of vibrations. Under the joint action of wind and rain, big vibration will take place. The vibration is relatively complex because the vibration belongs to three-phase coupling vibration. According to the existing water balance equation of rain-wind-induced vibration numerical analysis, the vibration of cable in different wind speed, wind directions and different waterway directions are respectively analyzed, the results show that the rain-wind-induced vibration of cable is greatly influenced by wind directions, and waterway directions has a very significant impact as well.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ling Lv AU - Lei Zhao AU - Fang Zhu AU - Longfan Peng PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Rain-Wind-Induced Vibration of Cable Computed by Ansys BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.21 ID - Lv2016/03 ER -