Determination of the Volatile Constituents in Banana Flowers and Bracts by Headspace Solid-Phase Microextraction and Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry
- Yuanmin Wang, Xiangpei Wang, Feng Xu, Hongmei Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Yuanmin Wang
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.45How to use a DOI?
- Headspace solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography - mass spectrometry, Musa balbisiana Colla, Men., Banana flowers and banana bracts, Volatile constituents
- The volatile constituents in banana flowers and banana bracts were analyzed by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, coupled with headspace solid-phase microextraction. A quantitative analysis in percent was performed by peak area normalization measurements. 31 compounds were identified in banana flowers accounting for 97.78% of the total volatiles and 16 compounds were identified in banana bracts accounting for 93.54% of the total volatiles. Nonanal was the highest ingredient in banana flowers and banana bracts (72.67% and 48.77 %, respectively). The two herbs have 11 mutual compounds, accounting for 91.79% and 90.62% of total volatile components in banana flowers and bracts, respectively. Some of volatile compounds in two herbs with high concentration were hexanal, 2-pentyl-furan, octanal, isoamyl butyrate, nonanal. The study could provide a method to indentify and compare the difference of the volatile components in the flowers and bracts.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yuanmin Wang AU - Xiangpei Wang AU - Feng Xu AU - Hongmei Wu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Determination of the Volatile Constituents in Banana Flowers and Bracts by Headspace Solid-Phase Microextraction and Gas Chromatography - Mass Spectrometry BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.45 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.45 ID - Wang2016/03 ER -