Finite Element Analysis on Seismic Behavior of Embedded Self-Centering Rocking Wall Structure
- Peiyuan Qin, Hanheng Wu, Aizhen Wu
- Corresponding Author
- Peiyuan Qin
Available Online March 2016.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.50How to use a DOI?
- Self-Centering Rocking Wall, Steel Frame, Seismic behavior, Connection methods and structure relations, Finite element analysis
- This paper designed a new structure in order to reduce the seismic damage to buildings. In this paper, basic elements, connection methods and structure relations of the self-centering rocking wall structure were introduced. A series of characteristics, such as high prefabrication degree, replaceable energy dissipation elements, plastic deformation is concentrated in the energy dissipation elements in the earthquake, the lateral resistance system can be arranged convenient and flexible, etc. And the finite element simulation of simplified single frame embedded self-centering rocking wall structure, study on the seismic behavior, the result shows that the structure has good load capacity, energy dissipation and self-centering capacity. So, this new structure can effectively reduce the damage of the earthquake on the buildings.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Peiyuan Qin AU - Hanheng Wu AU - Aizhen Wu PY - 2016/03 DA - 2016/03 TI - Finite Element Analysis on Seismic Behavior of Embedded Self-Centering Rocking Wall Structure BT - 2016 International Conference on Engineering and Technology Innovations PB - Atlantis Press UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.50 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iceti-16.2016.50 ID - Qin2016/03 ER -