Evaluation of Financial Competitiveness of the Listed Insurance Companies
- Dongchuan Lin, Wen Shao, Miao Xu, Ying Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Wen Shao
Available Online February 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icfied-19.2019.5How to use a DOI?
- financial competitiveness; evaluation index; factor analysis
- This paper through the combing of the relevant literatures of financial competitiveness of enterprises, combined with the financial characteristics of the insurance industry, build an index system to evaluate the financial competitiveness of listed insurance companies. Through the method of factor analysis, we extracted and defined two main factors, solvency and operation capacity, then scored each insurance company’s competitiveness from these two main factors aspects to reflect the development conditions of their financial competitiveness. After all, from the aspects of optimizing the assets scale and the investment portfolio, nurturing business growth, and moderate debt management, we propose countermeasures to enhance their financial competitiveness.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Dongchuan Lin AU - Wen Shao AU - Miao Xu AU - Ying Chen PY - 2019/02 DA - 2019/02 TI - Evaluation of Financial Competitiveness of the Listed Insurance Companies BT - 2019 4th International Conference on Financial Innovation and Economic Development (ICFIED 2019) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5428 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icfied-19.2019.5 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icfied-19.2019.5 ID - Lin2019/02 ER -