Performance Analysis of an Adaptive Incremental Cooperative Relaying Scheme for Wireless Relay Networks
- Shaoqing Wang, Leiming Zhang, Yuwu Yan
- Corresponding Author
- Shaoqing Wang
Available Online March 2014.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.21How to use a DOI?
- cooperative relaying; adaptive modulation coding; throughput; packet error rate
- In wireless relaying networks, the traditional incremental cooperative relaying scheme (IR) could improve the system throughput enormously over fading channels by exploiting relay nodes to retransmit the source data packet to the destination. In order to enhance the system throughput over time-varying fading channels, this paper proposes an adaptive incremental cooperative relaying scheme (AIR) based on adaptive modulation and coding, which implements adaptive rate transmission for the source and relay nodes according to channel state information. We derive expressions for the AIR system throughput, and then give a gradient-based search algorithm to find the optimized adaptive solution for the AIR system by maximizing throughput subject to the constraint of packet error rate at the data link layer. The results indicate that throughput of AIR system outperforms that of traditional IR system greatly for any SNR value.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Shaoqing Wang AU - Leiming Zhang AU - Yuwu Yan PY - 2014/03 DA - 2014/03 TI - Performance Analysis of an Adaptive Incremental Cooperative Relaying Scheme for Wireless Relay Networks BT - 2nd International Conference on Information, Electronics and Computer PB - Atlantis Press SN - 1951-6851 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.21 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icieac-14.2014.21 ID - Wang2014/03 ER -