The Role Of Social Capital In Evoking Village After Disaster
- Rully Khairul Anwar, C.M.S. Samson, M. Taufiq Rahman
- Corresponding Author
- Rully Khairul Anwar
Available Online July 2019.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/iclick-18.2019.26How to use a DOI?
- Social Capita;, Social Communication; Post-Disaster Development; Community Empowerment
- This study aims to depict the people affected by flood in one village in Garut, West Java. The community with various efforts has evoked its village from the post-disaster downturn. Using qualitative and descriptive research methods it is found that there is social capital maintained by the community and there is an open communication pattern to obtain aid from other parties. With this capital and social communication, it is seen that there is a dynamic and creative effort to strengthen the resilience of disaster-stricken communities to rise from the downfall, to strengthen self-sufficiency, to compensate loss for profit, and attempt to adapt to life more quickly.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Rully Khairul Anwar AU - C.M.S. Samson AU - M. Taufiq Rahman PY - 2019/07 DA - 2019/07 TI - The Role Of Social Capital In Evoking Village After Disaster BT - 1st International Conference on Life, Innovation, Change and Knowledge (ICLICK 2018) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5398 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/iclick-18.2019.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/iclick-18.2019.26 ID - KhairulAnwar2019/07 ER -