Thermal Magnetic Behavior of Nanocrystalline Fe73.5Cu1Nb3Si13.5B9 Ribbons
- Ang Ding, Jie Hao, Jing-Hui Huang, Kun-Ming Qian, Song Ji, Yan-Song Zhang, MingLi Li, Xing-Long Dong
- Corresponding Author
- Ang Ding
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.26How to use a DOI?
- Nanocrystalline Alloy, Thermal Magnetic Behavior, Exchange Coupling Interaction, Initial Permeability, Saturation Magnetization
- Thermal magnetic behavior and microstructure of Fe73.5Cu1Nb3Si13.5B9 ribbon annealed at different temperatures were investigated. It was indicated that the onset crystallization temperature of the ribbon was around at 530 oC and its Curie temperature can be enhanced from 320 oC to 385 oC by annealing. X-ray diffraction structural analysis showed that a single a-FeSi crystalline phase with grain size about 12 nm was precipitated from amorphous matrix for FeCuNbSiB ribbons annealed between 530 oC and 580 oC. The -FeSi phases were octahedral shape confirmed by the morphology simulation and the AFM method. The thermal magnetic behaviors were complicated, as the i can be divided into two modes during increasing temperature, but for the Bs and Ms shown a normal decrease with increasing temperature. The coercive force Hc and remanence ratio have shown a continuous monotonic decline in single-phase ribbon with increasing temperature, and increased to a max value or a peak and then decreased to zero in biphase ribbons. The thermal behaviors of magnetic properties were controlled by the exchange coupling interaction between the -FeSi grains and the intergranular amorphous phase. It is important to maintain an efficient exchange coupling interaction between -FeSi grains and the residual amorphous matrix, and it is necessary to sustain the higher Curie temperature for the application of the FeCuNbSiB ribbons in high temperature by controlling the size and crystallization degree of -FeSi grains.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Ang Ding AU - Jie Hao AU - Jing-Hui Huang AU - Kun-Ming Qian AU - Song Ji AU - Yan-Song Zhang AU - MingLi Li AU - Xing-Long Dong PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Thermal Magnetic Behavior of Nanocrystalline Fe73.5Cu1Nb3Si13.5B9 Ribbons BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.26 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.26 ID - Ding2017/02 ER -