A Numerical Analysis on the Wind-Resistance Strengthening with Guy Wires for Distribution Lines
- Yi-feng He, Yi Huang, Jian-long Cai, Zhuo-feng Chen
- Corresponding Author
- Yi-feng He
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.67How to use a DOI?
- Distribution Line, Guy Wire, Wind-Resistance Strengthening, Single Circuit
- Installing guy wire is an effective strengthening method to improve the wind resistance of distribution power lines. A numerical study on the guy-wire-strengthened method to 10kV distribution lines with finite element method (FEM) is presented in this paper. Firstly, a 3D FEM model of a standard section of 10kV distribution line with single circuit is created by finite element analysis software, ABAQUS/CAE. The proposed model includes the components, lines, poles, cross arms, and guy wires. The wind loading acting at the poles and lines can be applied by equivalent gravitational acceleration. Then the deflection of the pole under specific wind speed is analyzed. The strengthening effect of the installation position and angle of guy wire on the distribution lines is discussed finally. The research results may provide theoretical reference on the wind-resistance strengthening design of the structures.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Yi-feng He AU - Yi Huang AU - Jian-long Cai AU - Zhuo-feng Chen PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - A Numerical Analysis on the Wind-Resistance Strengthening with Guy Wires for Distribution Lines BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.67 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.67 ID - He2017/02 ER -