Study of X-cor Sandwich's Compression Modulus Based on Homogenization Theory
- Xu-dan Dang, Shao-jie Shi, Jun Xiao, Bing-bing Fan, Wei-min Long, Rui Zhang, Lin-jun Li
- Corresponding Author
- Xu-dan Dang
Available Online February 2017.
- https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.81How to use a DOI?
- X-cor Sandwich, Z-pin, Homogenization Theory, Compression Modulus
- As new structural composites, X-cor sandwich effectively improves the mechanical properties of the foam sandwich in thickness direction due to its high specific strength and specific stiffness. In this article, by introducing the correction coefficient, the modified calculation model of X-cor sandwich's compression modulus was established based on homogenization theory. The correction coefficient of compression modulus is 0.3. The effects of X-cor sandwich's structural parameters on the compression modulus were investigated. In Z-pin's inserting angle range of 0°-30°, the compression modulus decreases with the increase of inserting angle and increases with the increase of Z-pin's density and diameter. The error range between the analysis of modified model and the test is -13.9%-10.6%. The analysis is in good agreement with the test, which indicates that the modified calculation model can be used to calculate the X-cor sandwich's compression modulus.
- Open Access
- This is an open access article distributed under the CC BY-NC license.
Cite this article
TY - CONF AU - Xu-dan Dang AU - Shao-jie Shi AU - Jun Xiao AU - Bing-bing Fan AU - Wei-min Long AU - Rui Zhang AU - Lin-jun Li PY - 2017/02 DA - 2017/02 TI - Study of X-cor Sandwich's Compression Modulus Based on Homogenization Theory BT - 2017 International Conference on Manufacturing Engineering and Intelligent Materials (ICMEIM 2017) PB - Atlantis Press SN - 2352-5401 UR - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.81 DO - https://doi.org/10.2991/icmeim-17.2017.81 ID - Dang2017/02 ER -